There are currently three novels set in the Mass Effect universe, with one more upcoming, some time in 2011. As the game is considered to be the player's story, none of the novels feature Commander Shepard in any significant detail.
- Mass Effect: Revelation is a prequel to Mass Effect, set in the year 2165. Its plot involves David Anderson and Saren Arterius investigating an attack on a human research station. It was first published in May 2007, six months prior to the release of the first Mass Effect game.
- Mass Effect: Ascension is set a few months after the events of Mass Effect, and concerns a young biotic prodigy pursued by Cerberus, aided by Kahlee Sanders. It was first published in July 2008.
- Mass Effect: Retribution is set after the events of Mass Effect 2, and concerns Cerberus, and their investigation of Reaper technology by using it on Paul Grayson. It was released on July 27, 2010.
- A currently untitled fourth book by writer William C. Dietz. All that is known is that it is a Mass Effect tie-in and will be released September 27, 2011.
- The Art of Mass Effect is an art book released alongside the original game. With 175 pages, it includes concept art ranging from characters, to scenery, to the technology of the Mass Effect universe. It was first published in November 2007, by Prima Games; it was also included with special editions of the Mass Effect strategy guide, which was also published by Prima. Includes:
- concepts of notable characters including Saren, Wrex and Matriarch Benezia
- development of the various races, particularly the geth, asari and turians
- concepts for quarians
- development of the Thorian
- detailed vehicle concepts and interiors for the Mako and the Normandy
- sketches and paintings of human, salarian and turian starships
- detailed concepts for armor and weapons
- concept paintings for Noveria, Ilos, the Citadel and the original mining facilities on Therum
- unseen alien creatures (including the unused Harvesters, a creature meant to be fought in the Mako, which later appeared in Mass Effect 2.)
- Mass Effect 2 Collectors' Edition Art Book was bundled with hard copies of Mass Effect 2 Limited Collectors' Edition. Includes:
- ↑ http://news.bigdownload.com/2010/07/21/exclusive-upcoming-mass-effect-novel-from-author-william-c-diet/
|Mass Effect Series|
|Main Trilogy||Mass Effect (CE,♫) • Mass Effect 2 (CE,♫) • Mass Effect 3|
|Other Games||Mass Effect Galaxy|
|Downloadable Content||Mass Effect DLC • Mass Effect 2 DLC|
|Knihy||Zjevení • Vzestup • Retribution|
|Comics||Redemption • Incursion • Inquisition • Evolution|